Santa Arrives at Kensico Dam Plaza on October 14, 2020
White Plains, N.Y. (October 14, 2020) – The NEW Westchester’s Winter Wonderland Drive-Thru Holiday Light Extravaganza, presented by Westchester Medical Center Health Network, kicks off Friday, November 27 at 6 p.m. at Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla. Westchester Parks Foundation, the only organization dedicated exclusively to promoting and supporting Westchester County Parks, has re-imagined the seventh season of the popular holiday event in partnership with the Westchester County Parks Department, to help create a safe and memorable holiday experience the whole family can enjoy. Guests will be dazzled and delighted with 1.2 miles of a holiday lights, larger than life displays, live characters, and Santa right from the warmth and safety of your own car!
Westchester County Executive George Latimer said: “The holidays are a time for family traditions, and I am thrilled the Westchester Parks Foundation and Parks Department will continue to light everyone’s spirits this season with its re-imagined Winter Wonderland Drive-thru Holiday Light Extravaganza.”
Starting the day after Thanksgiving, the festive celebration takes place five consecutive weeks through January 3, 2021. The event will be open 6 -9:45 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday December 20 and every night December 21 through January 3, 2021 (except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). Reservations are strongly encouraged to avoid long lines and wait times. Tickets are $25 per car in advance. (+additional cost for van/limo). Advance notice is required for limos and buses that seat more than eight people, please call 914-231-4600 for reservations. Same day drive ups are permitted but cannot guarantee wait time at the gate. On-site purchases are available at an additional $10 per vehicle and available on a first come, first served basis if space allows.
Westchester County Parks Commissioner Kathy O’Connor said: “I am so proud of the Westchester Parks Foundation and Parks Department for their commitment to the re-imagining of Westchester’s Winter Wonderland this season. We thank County Executive Latimer for continuing to stand up for parks and providing residents a safe outlet to celebrate this year, and of course, thank you to the Parks Foundation and our great sponsors for the funding they provide.”
L-R: Joe Stout, WPF Executive Director; Christine La Porta, WPF Deputy Director; Westchester County Executive George Latimer; Jane Solnick, WPF Vice Chair; Santa, Paula Fessler, RN, MSN, MS, FNP-BC Chief Nurse Executive, Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth); Westchester County Parks Commissioner Kathy O’Connor
Kensico Dam Plaza will feature a dazzling holiday light show that will transform the iconic Westchester County Park into a magical Winter Wonderland! Guests will experience thousands of stunning lights, like nothing else in the area! Attractions include:
- FIRESIDE FOREST: A family at home enjoying the holidays dreaming of great times.
- WINTER WINDS WAY: Old Man Winter blowing beautiful snowflakes swirling in the air.
- PEACE ON EARTH PLACE: Floating stained-glass angels herald a message of good.
- DOVE DRIVE: Illuminated doves of peace fly among the serene memorial trees.
- TAKE FLIGHT WAY: A dazzling, 50 ft white dove soaring into the night sky.
- MAGICAL WOODS: Be encircled by dozens of lit, dancing trees.
- CHRISTMAS TREE PLAZA: Westchester’s largest Christmas Tree, standing at 40 ft
- LAND OF PACKAGES: Entrancing light display of elves at work packing presents.
- TWIRLING.TUNNEL: 100 feet of swirling colors will transport you into the holiday season.
- FA LA LA LA LA LANE: A favorite holiday song brought to light!
- SNOWSTORM CENTRAL: A magical Winter Wonderland square where the snow flies everywhere.
- CHARACTER CORNER: Your favorite adventure, princesses, cartoon characters LIVE right outside your car window.
- CANDY CANE LANE: Towering lit up red and white candy canes will delight children of all ages.
- SANTA CLAUS: The grand finale…Santa Claus will greet every car in person at the end of your Westchester’s Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Extravaganza.
- ELVES PLAYGROUND: Elves playing hide and seek behind the trees.
Holiday classics will be simulcast through your vehicle’s FM radio, setting the mood from the moment you enter the park. Guests should allow 20-25 minutes to drive through the attraction.
“Westchester’s Winter Wonderland has become a holiday tradition and we are so happy to continue that tradition while being safe this holiday season. We started planning back in June when we saw many events being canceled and are proud of what we have accomplished in such a short period of time,” stated Joe Stout, Executive Director of Westchester Parks Foundation.
Special event nights will include the official tree lighting celebration on opening night, a rotating cast of your favorite festive characters throughout the season and a family-friendly festive way to ring in the New Year at Winter Wonderland, as we always do!
Westchester’s Winter Wonderland is a place to make priceless holiday memories. It has become a Westchester holiday tradition without the hassle or expense of traveling to New York City and one of the most safe and affordable holiday options for the 2020 Holiday Season. For complete information and to purchase tickets, visit wwinterwonderland.com
Santa at Kensico Dam Plaza October 14, 2020
About Westchester Parks Foundation
Westchester Parks Foundation is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, philanthropic organization which provides private support to preserve the County’s park system and improve the quality of life in our communities. Westchester Parks Foundation’s mission is to engage the public to advocate for and invest in the preservation, conservation, use, and enjoyment of the 18,000 acres of parks, trails, and open spaces within the Westchester County Parks system. For more information, visit thewpf.org.